Please note picture of Piper with the everlasting mystery plant. This plant is a survivor. It started as a cute little potted plant we bought on a whim at the start of summer with the best of intentions. I was attempting to do a yard overhaul this year and that plant was waiting for a home. While the waiting continued, Piper took finding the plant into her own hands giving it many homes. An exciting jet setting life for a plant. It has lived on top of the dirt, in a pot (only briefly) in a glass and in the bus ( the playhouse). Despite getting only sporadic rainwater and not having a place for its roots to settle down and grow, the plant keeps on keeping on. I wish I knew what type of plant it is because that is the type of greenery this family needs. I went outside today and was saddened by the dead Peony we have in our backyard that Maggie so lovingly took out of her garden and gave to me so that it could have a new home. Unfortunately, it never got planted. Sorry Maggie, Sorry Peony.
Chris I have the Dutch Elm curse, between our 2 properties we have cut down no less than 4 trees, all Dutch Elm Diseased. I think that number may actually be 5 but I dont want to exaggerate. Anyway, our last casualty was last month when a tree in our backyard was given the ominous orange circle. When the tree cutter came to down our lovely tree, that still provided oodles of shade, Atticus was mesmerized. Now, one of his favorite outdoor activities is tree cutting with his electric saw. We wish that Atticus could really do the things he aspires to do, fixing, cutting, building. It would be fantastic to have two Chris's! We would never need to buy furniture again. Hopefully, its just a matter of time.
For any of you who know Alan and Greta who have not heard their son Brett (16) was in a tragic car accident and has been in the hospital with a TBI. They have a caring bridge website where you can check on his progress. they have been there everyday all day for almost a month. the site is caringbridge.org His site name is bretthansenbegg. Please keep brett in your thoughts, they are a family of amazing people.

No comments:
Post a Comment