Monday, March 23, 2009

Mazie News

Mazie is working on her abs. She is doing at least 100 sit ups a day as well as pikes and scissors. She is training for the mastery of sitting. At present, she is in the falling to the side when propped up stage but she is preparing. Lately, we set her down in one spot only to find her in odd and awkward positions just a short time later. Unfortunately she moves secretly. I cant catch it. She does it when I look away.
She is very interested in Piper and Atticus these days, she belly laughs at their antics although I have a hard time understanding why she is laughing and not screaming. Piper and Atticus just haven't figured out quite how to communicate with her. I think that because Mazie cannot talk they assume she cannot hear either and tend to yell at her right in the ear. They also aren't quite sure what to say to her so they resort to calling her names " Mazie Doodle Noodle" and other words that I do not believe have made it to the dictionary yet; Azzy doo doo, Baby boo, dont keep your face sister (?). I dont know what any of those things mean, except they just dont know what to say so they make it up. They do include her in pretend play. Mazie gets the distinctive honor of being the dog 100% of the time. "Dusty". Mazie continues to be a very mellow baby and we are grateful.

No comments: