Sunday, October 12, 2008

My Tool Guys

 

 
Posted by Picasa

Atticus has been waking up and asking for his toolbelt lately. I would say he spends about 1/2 the day trying to fix stuff. The other day, he was unable to find his belt so he improvised by putting his must-haves in his diaper. Does he not look super thrilled with that wrench???
Saturday, Sarah/Martha Stewart hosted a "ladies luncheon" complete with a 4 course meal of more gourmet/fancy schmancy food than anyone could possibly eat along with cranberry mamosas, wine and mint/lemon water. This was to celebrate our 3 years of friendship. We all came together when Maggie and Tricica decided to start a playgroup and each brought a couple of friends. Now we have a group of 12 wonderful women. I feel very fortunate. It was lovely afternoon. We also had a clean out your beauty supplies swap. I was most excited about the bandaids I scored because we use an odd quantity of bandaids. We use band aids for bumped heads, scratches and hurt feelings. Band aids are amazing. In order to cut down on our use/ overuse of bandaids we have switched from fun, happy bandaids like princesses, thomas the train and smiley faces to the more sterile plain bandaids. This has surprisingly not changed our usage but has reinforced the power the bandaid. It is not just us, all of Pipers friends have the some obsession. It is the status symbol of the preschooler. How cool are you? Lets see that bandaid. Anyway, my mom friends all brought a pack of diapers for us. I happily loaded up the car with the motherload of diapers. It seemed like a ton of diapers but after 2 shorties I know how fast they go. Also, they gave us a Target giftcard. Super sweet. Lucky Mazie will get some new threads afterall.
Before I went to Sarahs on Saturday I asked Chris if he " would mind throwing up some sheetrock in the basement" . I didnt really expect him to but he said "Yes" !! and took the kids to his moms so he could get to work. It was kind of a bummer Dudey couldnt get to help out as he likes it when him and Chris both are wearing toolbelts, but at this point time is a factor. Things take longer with Atticus's help. Soooo, our basement is sheetrocked, mudded and taped. Next task, PAINT!!! We of course forgot to take the before pics but will put something up when the project is done.
Today, Chris is meeting up with Alan and the guys, some of who we have not seen in a year (they all live far, far away) to celebrate Alans birthday and to play frisbee golf. He brought the camera so hopefully I will have pictures to share when he comes home. They all got together and got him a GPS which Chris bought today. I hope they have a great time, Alan has had a rough 1.5 months.

No comments: