Monday, October 13, 2008

Dentist Day

 
 
Posted by Picasa



The bottom pic is Piper and Atticus before we went to the dentist this morning. I prepped them by telling that they would get thier teeth brushed and stickers. Both were all gung ho and bragging about how good they were going to be. Then we got there and that joyful enthusiasm quickly turned to fear. Piper volunteered Atticus to go first and Atticus, of course, wanted me to go first. I am no dummy, I did not make an appt. for myself because I am a dentist scaredy cat but am able to put on a brave face to help my children endure the torture. Piper was a negotiator. She told both the dentist and the hygenist that she would allow them to brush IF she could first ride the chair up and down " Is that a good deal" she asked. She wore the sunglasses with pride and was happy to be the beneficier of some " princess teeth". They now sparkle. We did get reprimanded for not flossing and got some tips to get her to sit still so that she will let me do it. Basic tip: restrain her. It just seems so violent.
Atticus was much more of a challenge. He was rivoted when Piper was getting her teeth brushed but when it was his turn he said " Let me brush Pipers teeth". The hygenist let Piper show Atticus the brush and put on gloves and a mask so she could be a helper....this did not placate Atticus. He wanted her to be far, far away. He has his 2 year molars coming in all have broken through except 1.
Well, we survived the dentist and went for a nice lunch at Brueggers, where they enjoyed bagel dippers and chocolate milk. Great lunch after the dentist ey? I am thinking this may be the last time I take those 2 out to lunch for a long, long, long time. Lunch at a restaurant with 3 kids just doesnt sound relaxing and fun........

No comments: