I hosted playgroup this week for the first time in quite awhile. Piper and Atticus were thrilled to have their friends over and afterwards Caelan stayed for a sleep over!! The girls stayed up until 11:00pm which I felt was pretty good considering how awake they were at 10:50pm. They literally were jumping on the bed one minute and sound asleep 2 minutes later. I spent some time thinking about what the catalyst was for the awake to sleep transition but couldnt even begin to fathom. They were pretty cute though telling each other stories and shouting " Poop" when they couldnt think of anything else to say. The word " Poop" seems to say it all to a 4 year old. Piper and Caelan play together so well...interestingly Atticus was a bit a challenge. He really wanted to get Caelans attention and seemed to feel that pulling her hair and hitting her on the head with various hard objects was the answer. This enabled him to spend a few meditative minutes on the steps during Caelans visits. By the end of the sleepover Atticus was kicking and then sitting without parental intervention. He knew he was going to the step. I am wondering if that means the step is ineffective? Sunday, February 1, 2009
Playgroup
I hosted playgroup this week for the first time in quite awhile. Piper and Atticus were thrilled to have their friends over and afterwards Caelan stayed for a sleep over!! The girls stayed up until 11:00pm which I felt was pretty good considering how awake they were at 10:50pm. They literally were jumping on the bed one minute and sound asleep 2 minutes later. I spent some time thinking about what the catalyst was for the awake to sleep transition but couldnt even begin to fathom. They were pretty cute though telling each other stories and shouting " Poop" when they couldnt think of anything else to say. The word " Poop" seems to say it all to a 4 year old. Piper and Caelan play together so well...interestingly Atticus was a bit a challenge. He really wanted to get Caelans attention and seemed to feel that pulling her hair and hitting her on the head with various hard objects was the answer. This enabled him to spend a few meditative minutes on the steps during Caelans visits. By the end of the sleepover Atticus was kicking and then sitting without parental intervention. He knew he was going to the step. I am wondering if that means the step is ineffective?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment