Jake and Emily are quite the team. As everyone knows, Piper and Atticus slip into their alter egos on a regular basis, daily. Piper sets the tone, sometimes Emily is the mom and Jake is the dad and sometimes Emily and Jake are buddies. Usually they are just partners in mischief. Im seeing jailbars for someone. Probably Jake. Since the arrival of the new Campbell kid, Emily and Jake have joined Mazie in on the shenanigans. Mazie does not always seem to enjoy partaking in the madness but is generally able to snooze through the love fest they shower her with. Emily in particular enjoys doing Mazies hair. Today, she decided Mazies " cutie pie pajamas" needed a little spark of color so she snapped a lime green headband on her head. When I say snapped, I mean it. She pulled it apart to get it on her head and let go. Mazies lips went into pout mode and quiverred, luckily, she goes back to sleep easily. Jake likes to practice range of motion exercises with Mazies extremities. I marvel at Mazies flexibility when I catch Jake pulling her arm back as far as it will go. Mazie has opened her eyes for that. My favorite is when both kids work together to wake Mazie up, 1-2-3 MAZIEEEEEEEE!!!! They yell 2 inches from her face. Mazie will be tough and will certainly always feel loved and part of the group.
Jake and Emily concern some of our neighbors. Our neighbor Greg was raking the leaves the other day when we were out for a walk. He said hi "Piper and Atticus" and Piper told him "we are Jake and Emily". I let Greg ponder this for a little while although I could tell he was confused, thinking he had their names wrong but then I told him they call themselves Jake and Emily. He said " Oh, ooookay and laughed. I think now he will not be sure what to call them".
I forgot to give out Mazies stats with my first blog. She was 7lb 1 oz (same as Piper) and 19 inches long. I dont know her head size but it was big. Campbell big, just like the others.
No comments:
Post a Comment