Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Piper the Duathlete.

What an adventure!! Today I decided it would be a good
idea to try Pipers biking endurance. Always one to shoot for
the moon without a rocket ship we took off with no plan, no
water, no snacks to let the wind take us where it may.
Well, first we biked to Nokomis Park ( by the comm. center) and played for awhile. Piper seemed so energetic and excited to bike I thought " hey, lets take the long way home!!!". We got 2 blocks in on the long way and the troops started singing "Im thirsty" legitimate since it was 80 degrees and we had no fluids to consume. Anyway, they both persevered and we managed to follow the golf course around past Bergans and home. I am guesstimating a good 2 miles. She did opt to walk her bike up hills and ride down. I thought that was smart and pretty good for only being a biker for 3 days. There were tears and smiles and 1 minor crash but all in all I was a proud mama and Piper was proud at her accomplishment. When we got home she asked when she could do a race.






Posted by Picasa

No comments: