Although Chris and I are not really sentimental nor do we enjoy much corniness we have quite a few nicknames floating around our house. Pipers most often used nickname is "bopper" which orginated when Piper took to calling herself "bopper" instead of Piper. I think the "P" was tricky. Atticus is often referred to as "Dudey Pie" or in short "Dudey". Which, lucky or unlucky, for him has caught on and others call him this too. When he was a baby Chris and I would tell Piper that the new baby was a "cutey pie" and Piper would say " Ahhhh look at the dudey pie". So Dudey it is. Dudey has even taken to calling himself "the dudey". Recently, Atticus has taken an interest in family photos that are lying around everywhere, he likes to identify the folks in the pictures. I especially like when he points my picture out in the multiple magazines laying around the house. He apparently has caught on to my alter egos as: Hollywood diva, Political Superstar and Fashion Model. He will point to Kate Hudson, Hillary Clinton, the spritely young J. Crew model and even Condaleeza Rice and say "mommy". It lets my mind wander to how my life would be if I really were those people. If I were Kate, I would be cruising Rodeo Drive my blond hair blowing in the wind, waving to paparazzi, shopping packs carelessy thrown in the back of my BMW, no , make that a Prius convertible (this is just for fun, right). Imagining myself as Hillary (who I love dearly) or Condaleeza (who I admire, but have no ickling of aspirations to mimic, esp. since it would mean I would have to work for W. which would annoy me) is not enticing at this moment so I will move on to the J.crew model. If I were a J. Crew model I would be in a cute perfect brown 2 piece on a sailboat, one hand over my eye looking out over the sun streaked water, with several best friends sporting permanent grins.Truly Fun.
Chris becomes the likes of every man in This Old House, and every daddy changing a diaper. When we go places it is Chris on Billboards, and Chris on the Labels, smiling candidly. I feel this is more accurate than my alter egos as probably 50% of these anonymous folks are named Chris.
Every baby takes on the name Sophie (who is only 2 months younger than Atticus yet still considered an infant) or Kaija ( this one is closer to a baby but is 1 so not really an infant either). dogs, interestngly, are Sophie too (like our neighbors dog, who they do not call sophie but call wheezy after the baby sophie's dog). I think it is funny that he does not call any dog King? that puzzles me. Back to the nicknames, Chris is "Chrisser" which Chris really despises. He prefers to be called "Chris- Cool as a Cucumber" which makes me laugh everytime I say it because well, its just funny to me, since I prefer to call him grumpy old man( hes a cute and lovable grumpy old man). But that will be a future blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment