Saturday, January 23, 2010
Minneapolis Institute of Arts
Piper has a classmate whose father, Micheal Kareken, has an exhibit at the MIA. His paintings (oil, I think) were amazing in their detail (See bottom photo of bottles). They were all about the urban landscape and a recycling plant outside his studio window. The kids were going to take a fieldtrip to the museum but got froze out that day because of the subzero temps. Atticus loved the magnetic crane painting. Did not get a pic of that one. The pictures above are the works of a photographer NOriko Furnunishi whose work I really enjoyed! I took the kids there Friday to check it out. The kids did awesome at the museum, they asked quite a few questions and actually enjoyed the exhibits. I thought that they would be wild, but no, they were angels. We may be going more often now!!!! Atticus pointed out all the anatomy on the sculptures he saw, he was quite concerned at one point that he was going to be peed on in the Roman section. Piper was inspired to ask questions about what life was like for the people represented in the art. It was fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment