Thursday, April 9, 2009

Easter Eggs



We have been all about Easter eggs this week. After a couple of attempts, I am now master hard boiled egg boiler. It is not as easy as it seems to give the egg its perfect color and bounce. Atticus has been working on learning colors (he is a bit behind here, however, he can name the function of tools like nobodys business) so we used the dye to talk about colors. Piper was his little bird whispering colors in his ear. She loves to help him out with answers to questions and often if I ask him something he looks at Piper for the answer. Lately, I have been more deliberate about helping Atticus find his own voice. I am thinking this may be the middle child syndrome......The kids are very excited about Easter this year. Atticus is excited to wear his blazer and Piper her fancy dress to our neighborhood church. Our sweet neighbors have already heard about our Easter plans and the kids are excited to show off their fancy duds. Easter for them has been all about the dressing up, surprisingly I have not heard any "basket" talk. While we have not been talking about the Easter bunny we have been talking about the binki fairy who is set to come the day after Atticus' birthday. I was nearly outed by Piper who said " Mom, YOU are the binki fairy" " YOU are going to take the binkis" Atticus chimed in by stating " NO, I am the binki fairy" " I will take our binkis when I grow up". Piper has gone a few nights without a binki, she is looking to acquire a new toy for her efforts. Unfortunately she has replaced the binki with her finger. A challenge. I recall someone telling me that they never go to kindergarten with a binki. I hoping that there is truth to that......

No comments: