Monday, September 21, 2009

Field Days

Last Friday we joined Piper at school for Field Days. All the kids participate in a series of cooperative games to celebrate cooperation. Atticus loved being at school with Piper and it was great fun to meet her friends and see her in the classroom. The best part was definitely seeing Atticus sharing a chair with Piper at her table in the classroom. Precious, she is such a good and caring big sister. Outside, the did relays, a human knot, hurdles and other fun games. Piper was completely exhausted by the end of it. Later, I asked Piper who the cute little girl in her class was with the pink skirt and Piper very seriously replied " Thats me, I am the cute girl in my class".
Atticus has been talking " Spanish" lately. However, all he knows is Hola. Piper keeps telling him that " Spanish has more words than that Atticus" and then counts for him in Spanish and says her colors. Chris and I asked Piper to count in English and she said " I dont know how to count in English. Cute. She defines Spanish numbers as Spanish, but does not have the concept of English as the language she speaks. Interesting.

No comments: