Monday, July 20, 2009

La Crosse

We had a little mini road trip to La Crosse this weekend. Chris had his annual golf tournament for charity that he participates in every July with his friends from high school. Me and the kids traveled along for a visit with the grandparents. Friday, we went to the Childrens Museum, where I got some great shots of the kids. Really, really great pics. That noone will ever see except for the black river. The museum was great, very open and pretty empty so the kids had full reign. Atticus could have spent hours playing on the firetruck while Piper enjoyed the water table the most. They also had the standard grocery store and weather station. Very fun. We plan on going back in September so that Piper can climb the climbing wall (she will be 5 then). Later Friday we headed back to Al and Joans for a pizza party and movies. Saturday, they walked the kids over to the park for an outing. Chris and I brought the kids to "rail days" where we walked through an old Burlington train and rail station. That night we grilled burgers. Sunday, we spent the day with the Taylors. We all went out on the boat where one of our beautiful children accidently dropped the camera while trying to take a picture of chris, atticus and me on the hot dog. Both kids loved riding on the hot dog behind the boat. I am very sad to not have pictures to share as sun, boat and sand = beautiful kid pics. But as Chris said, it is less loss and more opportunity to not have a camera......right.

2 comments:

Tricia said...

ouch! I feel your pain. We have a camera in Lake Kabetogama. Although Jer dropped it in, not a kid...I think he should no better! :)

Tricia said...

um, KNOW better...