tired and groggy from work and locked out of my front door trying to fumble with the tiny
number wheels of the Master Lock upside down from the opposite side of the gate.
A nervous person by nature I was very worried that
someone would jump from behind and yell " BOO". Luckily, It didnt happen and after
20 minutes I was able to turn the wheels to our tricky ( same number 4 times) combo
and get inside my yard where I then spent another ten minutes fumbling through my
organized purse for my keys.

So why the Master Lock?? Last Thursday morning at 0900 I was vacuuming (yes, I do vacuum), Chris was showering, Piper was sleeping (yep, at 0900) and Atticus was naked, trying to use the toilet. Well, Atticus must have grown to door lock height magically overnight. Because he let himself out the back door and out the back gate and was suddenly missing. Chris came into the living room and asked where he was..... Heart racing, panic setting in we searched the house with no luck. Finally, I looked outside. And yelled Atticus!!!! No luck.
Still yelling Atticus, I ran into the alley and there he was, buck naked, staring at a motorcycle. Smile on his face, not a worry in the world, he said " Look Mom- motorcycle. Vroom, Vroom. Can I ride it".
still somewhat freaked out by that event we were thrilled when later that day Piper took off the gate caribeaners to let Atticus out of the yard " so he could run around". We knew then it was time to increase security. It was time for Lockdown. It was time for the masterlock.
No comments:
Post a Comment